This article contains the best 12 government-owned universities in Nigeria where one can study computer science, and graduate in flying colors.
Computer Science is now a course which lots of Nigerians want to study. This is because many opportunities are being opened in the Nigerian ICT world.
Like we know, the world is going digital, and computers and its related products are taking a huge sum of it.
Let’s look at the educational related ones, for instance, WAEC, JAMB, Post UTME, and most other known professional courses are now going for the option of the computer-based test.
Nigerians, and the world, in general, spend multiples hours each day on the internet, either on such social media or doing researches. This is just to mention a few.
On like most other courses people go to study at the University, Computer Science is one course that is very lively and interesting at the same time. It is more practical than theoretical; for this reason, it is loved by many.
Although there have been lots of arguments by several scholars about computer science.
These arguments are because of various micro institutes around most states in Nigeria that offer computer training on several packages.
These institutes have no doubt produced quality experts who can challenge most computer science graduates in all ramifications.
But the truth still remains that it will be very important to have at least a degree in computer science before trying to go further.
Having a degree will give you an edge and make you able to secure better jobs. Also, mostly a minimum of a degree is needed before one can apply for a computer-related job.
Without saying much, I will list the 12 best universities where you can study computer science and graduate brilliantly. These universities were handpicked in terms of their academic performance of computer science students. Please note that they are not listed in a ranking form.
Best University In Nigeria To Study Computer science
- University of Ibadan (UI), Oyo state.
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger state.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife, Osun state.
- University of Calabar (UNICAL), Cross River state.
- Covenant University, Ota, Ogun state.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo state.
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU), Lagos state.
- Kwara State University, (KWASU), Kwara state.
- Ladoke Akintola University, Ogbomosho, Oyo state.
- University of Benin, (UNIBEN), Edo state.
- University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos state.
- Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ekiti state.
We will keep updating this post to make sure that we have only the best 12 list of universities that studies computer science as a course in Nigeria.
Some Amazing Articles